Early Bird Prices Until November 15, 2017. Book now and save!
**Added Bonus. If you have retreated with us before or attended one of my Teacher Training sessions receive $50 off or book the whole room and receive $50 off. *Max of $100 per room or $50 per person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for this promotion.
Brief Description :
Dates March 1-6 2018 (5 nights/ 6 days)
Adam and Kameko invite you to join them at Playa Viva for their 4th Annual 5 Elements Yoga + Ayurveda Retreat. Embark on an off-grid beachside 5-night 6-day journey in the art of nourishment! Activate your body with daily yoga classes, sooth your mind with a relaxing massage, restorative yoga and chanting. Learn about ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicine system and its tools for self-care and living radiantly. Each day we will explore one of the Ayurvedic 5 elements thru yoga, ayurveda and self-care. This retreat includes a 60 minute Massage from Adam or Kameko and Temazcal Sweatlodge Ceremony with a local elder. Connect to your body and breath, restore your spirit, be in the beauty of nature, swim in the sea, eat delicious foods and just relax in the moment! The retreat is truly paradise.
What’s Included :
- Five Nights and Six Days Accommodations in eco-luxe retreat rooms with ocean views (priced listed as double occupancy; single accommodation on request)
- 3 Meals per day, prepare from produce from the onsite organic farm by love by the amazing house chef (dietary restrictions accommodated)
- Airport ground transportation to and from Playa Viva
- Daily morning vinyasa yoga classes
- Daily evening classes including: chanting, meditation, restorative yoga
- Lecture on Ayurvedic self-care and handouts
- Unlimited fresh tropical juices and healthy snacks (Full bar available upon purchase)
- One 60 minute massage or Ayurvedic consult with Kameko or Adam
- On-site excursions (horticultural tour, beach walks, turtle sanctuary, estuary explorations)
- Temazcal Sweat Lodge (optional but not included)
- Eco-friendly swimming pool
- Bonfire Music night full of sweet sounds
Combining simple elegance with natural beauty and a commitment to improving the environment and the local community, Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel located on the western coast of Mexico, just 35 minutes south of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa International Airport. Nestled between the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean and the majestic Sierra Madre Mountains near the village of Juluchuca, Playa Viva is situated on a mile of pristine and private beach. Playa Viva is 100% off grid and is committed to not only being sustainable on all levels, but actually regenerating the ecosystem and supporting the local community. For more on this topic, check out their website .
The food at Playa Viva comes mostly from its own, Oregon Tilth Certified, organic farm and gardens, as well as other small local farms. Meals are prepared by local, amazing chefs and are healthy, fresh, delicious. You can expect: greens fresh picked from the garden, homemade fresh corn tortillas, homemade red and green salsa, locally made queso fresco, and avocado with nearly every meal. Fresh fish and Chicken Mole are frequent favorites. Also, there is always bountiful fruit available, as well as smoothies and adult beverages. Basil margaritas made from scratch are a house specialty.
The rooms are open, with views of the pacific, and private bathrooms. Playa Viva rooms are built with the intention of integrating you with your surroundings. This means they feel open, connected to the landscape, and do not have air conditioning. There are fans, however, if you need. The building materials are sustainably harvested off Playa Viva property and neighboring properties. Most rooms (other than the queen eco casita) have multiple beds, with a large and one or two smaller ones. You can work out who gets what bed with your roommate(s). Check the website for more details on accommodations. Please note: the studio rooms have bathrooms which are down a flight of stairs.
- Option 1– Delta Airlines offers flights from SFO to Zihuatanejo (ZIH) which stop in Las Angeles (LAX), and or Mexico City. We recommend avoiding layovers in Mexico city due to general confusion and inefficiency.
- Option 2–Alaska Airlines has direct and easy flights from LAX- ZIH daily around 9:45am daily. You can fly on Alaska/Virgin from SFO or STS (Sonoma County) to LAX earlier in the morning. Or buy a flight from SFO or OAK to LAX on Southwest or another airline and take the separate ticket from LAX to ZIH. This option is a little more complicated, but it allows for good deals and more flexibility.
Note: You are welcome to stay longer, pre or post retreat, at Playa Viva. Please arrange this with me directly.
Price Based on double occupancy (single available upon request). All rooms have ocean views, organic sheets, fans and private bathrooms (studio bathroom below room).
Playa Viva Website: Click Here